The Clackamas Dogs Foundation (CDF) is a 501c3 tax-exempt corporation. We are currently recruiting for an open position on our Board of Directors. This is a volunteer position and we are looking at the successful applicant being able to spend at least four hours a month on board activity. CDF is growing and we need a candidate that is willing to help raise funds and plan fundraising events. We are in the process of finalizing a five-year strategic plan as well as a development plan. Your experience and assistance in these areas will be vital. Additionally, an ability to help us improve our social media platform and presence would be a major plus.
About The CDF
The Clackamas Dogs Foundation provides support and assistance to dogs in order to advance dog welfare in Clackamas County. We do this through our support of our low cost spay and neuter program, emergency vet fund, support of training and assessment of shelter dogs as well as other programs.
We work closely with the Clackamas County Dog Services (CCDS). As the county’s stray holding facility, CCDS is obligated to take in every homeless and stray dog brought to them. This makes the work we do so important, as we are often taking care of under-socialized, fearful or untrained dogs.
The successful applicant will:
- Actively participate in fund raising for the organization.
- Love dogs.
- Regularly attend board meetings held on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
Please provide us with a current resume and a cover letter stating your interest in the position. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applicants most closely fitting our criteria will be invited to an interview with selected board members. Appointment of new members is accomplished via action by the entire board.