The Clackamas Dogs Foundation (CDF) is a 501c3 tax-exempt corporation. We are currently recruiting for an open position on our Board of Directors. This is a volunteer position and we are looking for the successful applicant to spend at least eight hours a month on board activity. CDF is growing and we need a candidate that has experience with and enjoys planning major fundraising events. Additionally, we are looking for someone to help us improve our social media platform and presence, so a background in marketing and media is vital.
We work closely with the Clackamas County Dog Services (CCDS). As the county’s stray holding facility, CCDS is obligated to take in every homeless and stray dog brought to them. This makes the work we do so important, as we are often taking care of under-socialized, fearful or untrained dogs.
The successful applicant will:
- Actively participate in fund raising for the organization.
- Love dogs.
- Regularly attend board meetings held on the third Wednesday of every month.
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
Please provide us with a current resume and a cover letter stating your interest in the position. Send your resume and cover letter to:
The applicants most closely fitting our criteria will be invited to an interview with selected board members. Appointment of new members is accomplished via action by the entire board.