Clackamas Dogs Foundation is dedicated to promoting the health and well being of dogs and people through supporting the educational and public service activities and programs of Clackamas County Dog Services.
We accomplish this by fundraising through special events, individual giving, corporate sponsorships, and community outreach.
The Clackamas Dogs Foundation provides support and
assistance to Clackamas County Dog Services in order to
advance dog welfare in Clackamas County
Relying solely on donations, the Clackamas Dogs Foundation has become a vital resource for our community’s shelter. We are here to support Clackamas County dogs and their human families. We stand ready to help with resources for food, shelter, lost dogs and finding dogs new homes.
Some of our projects include:
Low-Income Spay & Neuter Program
This program allows low income Clackamas County residents to have their dog altered, when they otherwise wouldn’t have the resources. This significantly reduces the risk of unwanted puppies in our community.
Dog Training and Adoptability
Our shelter accepts all homeless and stray dogs in Clackamas County, meaning lots of dogs come in under-socialized and untrained. CDF is helping pay for a trainer on staff that will work with our dogs as well as teach volunteers how to increase adoptability.
Recruiting volunteers and volunteer training would not be possible without the help of CDF. Shelter volunteers help with housekeeping, potty-walking, dog training and administrative support. Truly a priceless resource for our shelter!
How you can help….
There are numerous ways to help Clackamas Dogs Foundation!
- Donate cash or items from our wish list.
- Volunteer for CDF or in the shelter.
- Ask us to speak at your business nor service organization.
About the Clackamas County Dog Services
We provide shelter, medical care, and support to Clackamas County dogs in need. Some of what the shelter offers our community are:
- Adoptions of amazing dogs
- Ongoing support to adopters
- Dog safety & bite prevention presentations
- Humane and responsible pet ownership education
Clackamas County Dog Services is also the stray holding facility and code enforcement for Clackamas County.
We seek to serve and protect the people and animals of Clackamas County in a professional and courteous manner by:
- Licensing of dogs
- Dog bite investigations
- Emergency dog rescue
- Protective custody for pets
- Vicious or feral dog removal
- Promoting the humane treatment of animals
- Providing shelter and care for stray, injured and homeless dogs
- Being active in community events and our schools
- Serving notices of infraction and citation
- Quarantine of dogs that have bitten and are not rabies vaccinated
- Sick and injured dog rescue
- Inspection of dog kennel